Thursday, August 18, 2022

TEN KEYS TO LIFE - Part 1 - God Direct My Path!

 



A couple of years ago, in my second semester working on my Master's Degree at Indiana Wesleyan Seminary, I created a list of my top TEN KEYS TO MINISTRY. I have a copy that has been in my Bible since that day:


I thought I would share them and my thoughts, in detail over the next several days.

Ministry is Holy Spirit Driven - 
If God is not directing my path, I don't want to go!


I have 26 scriptures that I have highlighted as my favorite passages in the Bible. I try to review them every day and the list continues to expand. These words from the Lord help me focus on what is right and true. They help guide my path. Two of those scriptures are:

'Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my
anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and
lead me along the path of everlasting life.'
Psalms 139:23-24 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/PSA.139.23-24

'Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own
understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you
which path to take. '
Proverbs 3:5-6https://my.bible.com/bible/116/PRO.3.5-6

Anyone that really knows me, knows how stubborn I can be. (Please no comments!LOL) I am a take-charge kind of guy. What that means is I lack any understanding of patience! I need the reminder of these two verses to help me rest in the power of the Holy Spirit to guide my path. 

Right now, our NEW ministry has not met our financial goals. Goals that I set, deadlines that I created. It is creating a little anxiety in my life. Today, when I read these two verses, I was quickly reminded that MY PATH is not always GOD'S PATH. My understanding, my definition of the plan for our ministry may not be God's plan and even if the plans are the same. God's timing may not be my timing. His goals, his deadlines, may not be mine!

When we give our lives to the Lord, if we truly give them up, we are giving him control of our path. That control includes where the path goes and the timing of our walk on that path. It sounds so cliche, GOD IS IN CONTROL!

I am so glad the Lord knows me, he knows my anxious thoughts, he knows my heart and he takes seriously his responsibility to guide my path. Lately, God has been flooding Stephanie and me with people to disciple. He keeps sending us "persons of peace" (people desiring to grow in their faith) in places we would never have guessed. He is entrusting us with helping direct people closer to him. In the end, all the other "stuff," really doesn't matter. HE WILL PROVIDE!

Thank you Lord for guiding my path, I renew my commitment to letting YOU show me the way even when I do not understand!

No comments: