Thursday, August 11, 2022

Israel 2022 - Reflection #35 - Dead Sea

 


We had just spent the day trudging through the hot, hot, hot, desert wasteland of the wilderness when at the end of our day we made a stop at the Dead Sea. I would have loved to jump in the water, but my insulin pump would not have reacted well to the salt water. It was WAY TOO MUCH OF A RISK. BUT, I really enjoyed the time, sitting and fellowshipping with others in the group. 


We just spent 10 days together, but there have been few groups of people I have grown to know and love as much as these people. I rejoice, praising God for allowing me to be a part of this group. In a time when there is no unity in diversity, this group set the standard for what life of unity could be like! We were young, just starting ministry and old (me) trying to finish our lives strong in the faith. We were black, white, male, female, single, married, and from a wide variety of economic and faith backgrounds. But, the Lord brought us together in unity. 

In John 17:20-26, just before the march toward the cross, Jesus prayed for us! This group is a direct answer to that prayer. I cannot read this prayer without thinking of each person in this group:

' “I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will
ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all
be one, just as you and I are one—as you are in me, Father, and
I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe
you sent me. “I have given them the glory you gave me, so they
may be one as we are one. I am in them and you are in me. May
they experience such perfect unity that the world will know that
you sent me and that you love them as much as you love me.
Father, I want these whom you have given me to be with me
where I am. Then they can see all the glory you gave me
because you loved me even before the world began! “O
righteous Father, the world doesn’t know you, but I do; and
these disciples know you sent me. I have revealed you to them,
and I will continue to do so. Then your love for me will be in them,
and I will be in them.”' John 17:20-26
https://my.bible.com/bible/116/JHN.17.20-26


I pray that each person in this group and each believer beyond this group has the opportunity to be a part of a fellowship of believers that fulfills this prayer. I pray each of you experiences unity in your church congregations. I pray you will experience the glory of the Lord through other faithful believers. We know the world does not know the Father, but I know the people in this group know the Lord and the Lord continues to be revealed to them. I know they are each working hard to create a divine unity of believers. Praise God for this group!

The meeting of the MINDS! HAHAHA! I think we solved all the worlds problems on this day!

Yes, peace, relaxation and just kicking back at the Dead Sea!

It may not be Siesta Key, but the beach was awesome and a great respite from a crazy busy schedule!




No comments: