Friday, September 7, 2018

Be different!

“Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1co.3.16-17.nlt

So, to continue from yesterday, since we are the church (temple), if we destroy each other, God will destroy us. I am never more surprised than when I hear Christians battling other Christians. I have been witness to this in churches and in biker ministry. We can be so cruel to out fellow believers, our pastors, and our church leaders. This is where we should be totally different than the rest of the world. We should be setting the example, instead we follow the cruel path of the lost. I’m saddened.

We are to love one another. We are to demonstrate to the WORLD that we are above the caddyness, the cruelness, of our society. Christians need to stick together. We need to bond ourselves together to form the temple. WE ARE THE TEMPLE, THE DWELLING PLACE OF THE LORD. We are the stones the temple of the Lord is built with. Are we sandstone or bedrock? 

Dear Lord, I am humbled that you have chosen to dwell in me. I am amazed that you call ME to be a part of your temple. Please Lord help me to show others your love, mercy, and grace. Let your light shine through me and help me to build up your church and not tear it down. Forgive me when I am not a productive member of that church. I want nothing more than to serve you and honor your name. Amen!

No comments: