Monday, September 10, 2018

Prayers

“And when he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they held gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God’s people......”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭5:8-9‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/rev.5.8-9.nlt

I’ve never been one to study, in depth, the book of Revelation. I have read it and enjoy the thoughts of the end times when I get to spend eternity worshipping Jesus. All the details in between haven’t been on my mind. But these verses were in my devotional today and struck me as wonderful.

My prayers are sweet smelling incense to God and they are the absolute focus of heaven. It is so comforting to know that today. Steph and I had a great day with our family yesterday. At the end of the day we had special prayer for a very special little girl. The chaos of 11 grandkids  was silenced, briefly, while we prayed for God’s power and wisdom in this little girls life. We prayed for McKenzie and Jeff and all those in authority over this situation.  We prayed specifically for God to intervene . Now, after reading these verses I am at peace because I know God has heard these prayers as they were presented in Gold Bowls to him in elaborate honor. I can’t wait to see his powerful right hand in action!

God loves our prayers. He loves to hear from us and Heaven treats all our requests with the honor of the King. Thank you Lord for hearing our cries. Thank you Lord for blessing us beyond measure. All praise and honor and glory to him who sits on the throne! Amen and Amen!

No comments: