Saturday, September 22, 2018

Feel the Peace! Feel the Freedom!

'For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit
of the Lord is, there is freedom. ' 2 Corinthians 3:17 https://my.bible.com/bible/116/2CO.3.17


The days of riding motorcycles is nearing the end of the season. I haven't ridden as much this year as I would have
like to. Stephanie and I were really busy getting ready for retirement. But, we have had some great rides. If you
haven't ridden a motorcycle, you wouldn't understand. I feel so free while riding. I love being on the open road, feeling
the wind and not having the constraints of a car. I praise God for this wonderful gift. Yes, I truly believe it is a gift and a
gift from God.

There aren't many things in my life that give me the same FEEL of FREEDOM. The greatest feel of freedom, PEACE,
in my life, comes straight from the Lord. Even better than riding my motorcycle, is being with the Lord in prayer. I know
it sounds weird. But, I really love the times I am in prayer with the Lord, praying for my family, life situations, and
opening my heart. Those times bring a real peace to my life and FREEDOM.

Both of these special times in my life bring me closer to God. I know the reason. I feel so much closer to the Lord when
I get rid of the outside influences, the distractions, and can focus my heart on him. Riding does that and prayer does that.
For others that may come from a particular place, or with certain people, at a particular event, or a multitude of other
scenarios. Find that place. Find that time, Find SOMETHING that draws you closer to the Lord. DO IT. Do it as often
you can. Feel the peace. Feel the Freedom!

No comments: