Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The obscene phone call!

“The LORD says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them.”
Psalms 91:14-15 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/psa.91.14-15.nlt

Last week I got an obscene phone call from a very dear friend. I was just about home from school and my phone rang. I said "hello"........nothing. I repeated my  greeting, nothing. Then he responded, "this is your worst nightmare!" I knew right who it was! 

Real friendships never die because those friendships endure joy, pain, laughter, tears, and every emotion in between. Friendships can be fleeting in the sense we are such a mobile society. Nobody stays put very long. But the friendships are there even when we get separated geographically. The older I get the more I treasure those people I truly call friends! Maybe that's why my faith gets stronger everyday. I have walked with Jesus for 43 years. I draw closer every day. We have been through a lot. Jesus has always been with me. Even when I separate myself from him, he stays with me, watching me, waiting for my call. I praise God for his faithfulness. I love him and trust him with all my heart. I am humbled because I don't deserve his friendship. I don't deserve the honor or the blessings he gives. I can't count the times he has rescued me, usually from my own sinfullness and he wipes my slate perfectly clean. Praise God! Praise God! Praise God!

Dear Heavenly Father, I am thankful, beyond measure, for your friendship. I am in awe of your steadfast love, your faithfulness, and your dedication to me and my family. You have protected me from harm. You have rescued me from myself. You have been there to answer my call during times of trial and your have honored me when I needed it the most. I praise you Lord! I love You Lord! Amen!

No comments: