Saturday, October 24, 2015

Pursuing Jesus!

“Then I pray to you, O LORD. I say, “You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life." -- Psalms 142:5 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/psa.142.5.nlt

My favorite prayer is that my family, friends, and coworkers draw closer to the God of the universe. All I want is to do the same.

Maybe it's because of my age. Maybe it's because of my experience. Maybe it's because I have been showered with blessings for 55 years. I just want the Lord. I want him for myself. I want him for my family, I want him for my friends. Can you say the same thing? What else could be so important?

We are heading into the Holiday season. These holidays are centered around family. We make them about STUFF instead. We want this gift or we want that gift. The only gift that real matter is the gift of Jesus Christ. It's easy to lose focus in our busy fast paced society. So many things can occupy our hearts and minds. Pray for it. Pursue Jesus!

Dear Lord, come into my heart and the hearts of all I know and love. Fill me with your love, mercy, and grace. I want only to draw closer to you. I only want my family to draw closer to you also. My entire family needs you. We need you in our decisions, and in the actions we take every single day. Protect us from our own sinfullness. Protect us from attacks by those who do not know you. Fill us with your love! Help us to see your presence! I praise you and worship you! Amen!


No comments: