Saturday, October 10, 2015

On Fire?

“Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.””    Matthew 28:20 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/mat.28.20.nlt

These are the last words spoken by Jesus and are a part of what we know as the great commission. They are often neglected by me. I usually am centered on the "Go" part of these important verses. But, really I have a lot more responsibility than just going out. 

I need to spend time mentoring new disciples. 

There is a great song on Christian radio that is called "On Fire" by Sanctus Real. I just love this song. It speaks to our passion for spreading the gospel and how when we were "baby Christians" we are so On Fire and then as we go through life that fire dies. We need other people to light the fire in us and WE NEED TO HELP OTHERS REIGNITE THEIR OWN FIRE! We need to take all dwicpkes of Christ and make sure they are growing I their knowledge and relationship with Jesus Christ. If we don't have that fire, how can we expect others to have it. We need to lead by example. We need to share our passion for ministry and we need to keep our own fire going!

Listen to the song. Here is a link:


Dear Lord, Forgive me when I lack the passion to preach your word. Help reignite the fire in me, everyday. Help me to see the joy of your wonderful message and the joy of this life you have given me. I am a blessed man and I need to share everything you have done in my life. I need to share my story with others so I can reignite the passion and fire in them. I love you Lord with all my heart and beg your forgiveness when that love does not shine through me. Amen!

No comments: