Friday, October 23, 2015

I'm praying for you!

“Accept my prayer as incense offered to you, and my upraised hands as an evening offering.”
Psalms 141:2 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/psa.141.2.nlt

I'm sure most of you have told someone you are praying for them. I see it all the time on social media. But I'm curious. What exactly does it mean when you say you are praying for someone? Do you just pray for them that one time? Do you begin praying for them and do it forever? When do you stop? 

My list of prayers continues to grow. It is a good idea to keep a prayer list. I'm not always faithful adding the names and as it grows, it becomes a bit cumbersome. But, I still think it's the best way to remind yourself of those in need. Every time you add something or more importantly someone, you can see the others added before. 

The key is: we need to spend more and more of our time in prayer. We can't just pray when asked to do so by our friends and family. We need to be in prayer, often, multiple times a day, without ceasing! We need to rely on our creator for all things, all parts of our lives, the good things, and the bad things. We need a genuine relationship where we get the know God. He already knows us better than we know ourselves. Prayer is a big piece of our relationship. God doesn't need to hear from us. He wants to hear from us. 

What system, how,any times, where, when, why, doesn't matter. Just pray! 

No comments: