Thursday, October 22, 2015

Can you take it?

“Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.”
Psalms 139:23-24 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/psa.139.23-24.nlt

One of my greatest challenges is to hear criticism. I don't think I'm the only one to recognize it. I'm not sure it really matters who is doing the critique, it's never easy to swallow. But, it needs to happen. We can't know of God's grace if we don't recognize our own faults and sinfullness. 

Our relationships need to be centered around pure honesty and openness. We need to seek ways to get better. That includes better ministry, better friendships, better family relationships, better jobs, and better anything! 

Know me, Lord. Examine me closer than a microscope. But don't just point at my flaws, help me to know the plan to get better. Guide me along your path, a path pleasing to you. I need you Lord. Send people to gently correct me, point out my faults , but still love me in spite of those weaknesses. As always Lord we need your guidance, counsel , and support. I love you with all my heart! Amen!

No comments: