Sunday, October 18, 2015

How easy we forget!

“And now, go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead, and he is going ahead of you to Galilee. You will see him there. Remember what I have told you.””
Matthew 28:7 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/mat.28.7.nlt

Stephanie and I just completed our last camping trip of the year. We have thoroughly enjoyed our time with the new toy hauler and the great times with our grandkids. We've traveled over much of the country from north to south and east to west. I can't wait to do it all again next year. Rest and relaxation is not a sin. As a matter of fact it is a very important component of life. It is so easy to get wrapped up in the daily activities in life that we forget the important things. Jesus told us there is nothing more important than our relationship with the Father. He told is that next Important is our relationship with each other. Why do we always forget those priorities? Why do we so often forget the power of Jesus as we travel through life's struggles. It doesn't really surprise me that these verses tell us not to forget. 

My number one prayer for those I love is never forget the power of Jesus. That power is enough to get that job or that move you so desperately want. That power is more than enough to provide us with rest and peace when we need it the most. That power can save us from the turmoil swirling around us. It has the healing touch and can remove loneliness or restore relationships. The power of Jesus is real and not to be trifled with. Believe in him and the power that comes through his amazing grace and love. 

Dear Lord, so many times I feel I need to be the answer to my troubles. I rely on my own power and strength to fix my life. It just doesn't work. Jesus is the answer and his power and strength are more than enough for anything I am going through. I praise God for the times I am reminded of his wonderful love. Amen!

No comments: