Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Choose some well respected men..........

“Choose some well-respected men from each tribe who are known for their wisdom and understanding, and I will appoint them as your leaders.’”
Deuteronomy 1:13 NLT
http://bible.com/116/deu.1.13.nlt

I have watched every political debate so far this year between each of the parties presidential candidates. I am a deeply political person. I love my country and all that it CAN be. I am gravely concerned. We have lost touch with where we've come from and where we are going. We are polarized against each other and our wonderful nation is deeply divided. I truly believe all our candidates, republican and democrat, have a heart to help people in our country. But, our government has gotten so big that when we see obvious, necessary, changes, we can not move. Our beauracracy has grown to the extant we can't change. The men and women running for our highest leadership position do not have the power and skill to change all that needs changed because real change is not easy. True leadership takes action that's best fort he country, not best for their political future.

I am fearful for our nation. I am fearful we can not lead or find real leaders with wisdom and understanding. I am overwhelmed with the lack of real leadership qualities for our political leaders. We have "actors" trying to fit our leadership mold and have no one to make the thoughtful, tough decisions. 

So, what do I do? 

Pray! Pray! Pray! Pray!

Dear Lord, we need you! We need you to intervene. We need you to raise up great leaders that know you and have the strength, power, and ethics to lead this country. We need you to rescue our country from the evils attacking us from all sides. I love you so much Lord and know I have nothing to fear because you are here to protect me. You have always protected me and watched over me and I am humbled by your love! Come Lord Jesus! Amen!

No comments: