Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Follow Gods will!

“I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.
Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me.”
Psalms 138:2, 7 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/psa.138.2,7.nlt

My granddaughter is engaged. It's big news. I am excited for them. 

Marriage is a wondeful adventure at the same time it's not always easy. Lauren is 18. I was 17 when Stephanie and I got married and she was 18. People were appalled. But we really did love each other. There wasn't a pregnancy involved. We did not HAVE to get married. Our first child didn't come until about 2 years later. Lauren and Matt are following nearly the same path. We had a year of marriage counseling and a great supportive group of friends. Most of the family was supportive. Some had reservations that lasted for quite a few years. Now, 37 years later, we have beaten the odds. We believed God was in the center of our decision. Lauren and Matt believe it is all a part of Gods plan for their lives.

Lauren and Matt will face some horrible challenges. They will share some wondeful moments. They will cry, laugh, and travel through life together. I am greatly encouraged by my granddaughters faith. I am greatly comforted that this relationship has a great chance to succeed because it is center around God. Life is never certain. Sin is everywhere. Marriages do end in divorce. So there is no guarantees. But, when God is the foundation, you can and will beat the odds stacked against you.

Congrats to Lauren and Matt. We love you and are always here for you. Praise God for your wonderful love for each other and your love of Jesus.

No comments: