Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I have nothing to complain about

““Why do the wicked prosper, growing old and powerful? They live to see their children grow up and settle down, and they enjoy their grandchildren. Their homes are safe from every fear, and God does not punish them. They spend their days in prosperity, then go down to the grave in peace. And yet they say to God, ‘Go away. We want no part of you and your ways. Who is the Almighty, and why should we obey him? What good will it do us to pray?’  “Yet the light of the wicked never seems to be extinguished. Do they ever have trouble? Does God distribute sorrows to them in anger? Are they driven before the wind like straw? Are they carried away by the storm like chaff? Not at all!”
Job 21:7-9, 13-15, 17-18 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/job.21.7-9,13-15,17-18.nlt

I have a very dear friend going through a tough time right now. Although his trials are not quite like Job, they are real and very much undeserved. I have been reading Job for a few weeks and I , happily, can not relate to Job. I really have nothing to complain about. Sure, I've had some trials, but even the worst trials of my life can not begin to compare with Job. Very few people have dealt with such calamity. Maybe I'm just blinded by my blessings, but my tragedies are very few and far between. That's what makes it so painful when I see my friend struggling. It's just not fair. Why am I protected? I am no different than he, yet he struggles and I don't. Better yet, like Job states, why do the wicked lead the life of luxury. Why do those that outwardly reject God feel no wrath? I just don't understand!

Dear Heavenly Father, I'm sorry for my doubts, my weakness, and my questioning your plan. Yet, I know you do have a plan. I trust you. I love you. I am embarrassed of the life you have given me. It's only through your pure grace that I am where I am today. I deserve worse than Job. Please Lord reveal your presence to my dear friend. I know he dearly loves you and is trying to remain strong even through his doubt and questions. Reveal your love to him in a powerful way. Give him comfort and provide strength to his family as they stand with him. Bond that family together and draw them all closer to you. Reveal your plan. Make it clear where his future lies. Guard his heart with your great and powerful name! Amen!

No comments: