Monday, February 4, 2013

I'm Out of the boat, Walking on water in a storm!

But Jesus immediately said to them:  “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” (Matthew 14:27 NIV)

Walking on water is an amazing event all it's own. But, sometimes we overlook that Jesus did this in the midst of a storm. It just magnifies his greatness.  Peter tried. He got out of the boat but couldn't make it very far. It's not that he couldn't have done it, but his humanness got in the way.

I can't count the number of times I didn't take the first step to get out of thee boat. However, I'm getting more bold every day. This year is one of those times. I have stepped up my ministry involvement in CMA (Christian motorcyclist association). Nearly four years ago I was prompted to join. God has continued to lead me deeper and deeper into this ministry. I'm out of the boat, in some ways scared, and ready to get back in the boat. But, I will not. I will follow this path as God leads. Besides being scared, I'm also excited. I love this ministry and sharing my passion for Christ along side my passion for motorcycles. It is amazing how God can turn all things for his glory, if we just let him. When I think about his power, his walking on water, I'm no longer afraid. My excitement and strength grows. Praise God for his leading out of the boat and into the storm. The only way I can fail is not focusing on him. I will not fear with Christ at my side!

No comments: