Sunday, February 17, 2013

It is real!

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12 NIV)

I have been a follower of Christ for nearly 40 years. But, I've only really been actively studying his word for about 13 years. I'm not sure why I went so long. I used the typical excuse about being too busy, but I'm just as busy now as I've ever been. Now that I look back, I missed out on a lot of what God had for me. I missed out on great blessings and the wisdom that comes from really studying his word. I know how my life has changed over the past 13 years. I often wonder how it would have changed if I had been more faithful. I'm not complaining. I am completely amazed at the blessings I've received even through my weakness.

People that don't know Jesus have no idea what they're missing. I didn't, and frankly, thought I had it pretty good. Do you know the feeling? But, God is active and his words mirror that. Don't wait like I did to receive all that God has planned for you. Jump in head first and discover all that God reveals. When you do, your eyes will be opened and you will see life as you have never seen it before. No challenge will be to great. Cancer, illness, old age, none of it will stop you. Your life will change. Try it, study his word, pray continuosly, and worship him every moment of your life. You will me amazed at the transformation. I tell you this because I have seen it, it is real, it is truly amazing!

No comments: