Saturday, February 16, 2013

My STUFF........HIS STUFF!

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27 NIV)

I have a new motorcycle. Well, I haven't picked it up yet because its too cold and snowy. I hope to get it  Tuesday. I'm excited, to say the least. But, now I have to struggle with anticipation until the weather gets better! UGH!

God has blessed me with a lot of STUFF. But, life is not about the STUFF. It's not Christmas and God's not Santa Claus. God did not give me STUFF to make me happy. He doesn't give like we do. He gives us peace. He gives us rest. He blesses us with love, hope, grace, and most of all Eternal Life. He helps us through times of troubles and fears. He really does love us! Most of the time the STUFF of our lives gets in the way of all his real blessings and gifts. Once we realize what our true gifts are, only then can we enjoy his presence and the life we have. When we begin to look at his lavish love for us, we soon recognize the STUFF of our lives is not our own. Ou STUFF is ALL for his glory and his purpose. Everything I own is his. Everything I say or do is his. I need to dedicate it all to him and use it for his kingdom. Yep, even my new motorcycle is his, for him, and his kingdom. I can NEVER forget that!

No comments: