Thursday, February 21, 2013

Right vs Wrong

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,  so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, (Philippians 1:9, 10 NIV)

Right vs Wrong. I'm saddened to say that many people are blind to the differences. Our society looks at this as a moving target, no absolutes. Right and wrong are determined individually. As a Christian I need to know the difference. First of all we need to ACCEPT there is a difference! Yesterday, I said I often pray for depth of knowledge, wisdom, and insight. I also often pray for discernment. I want the spirit of God to lead me to what is right, noble, and true. I will never achieve it, but I want to be pure, blameless, and true. There is no fence, no gray, no middle ground. It's not our opinion, it's not a choice. Right and wrong are indisputable. We use Gods standard, his judgment, his measuring stick!

Help me Lord grow in my knowledge of right and wrong!

No comments: