Thursday, February 14, 2013

Counting the days!

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. (Psalm 90:12 NIV)

It's the middle of February, it's cold, gray, windy, and lifeless. As an educator that can mean only one thing. COUNT DOWN TO SPRING BREAK! Yes, I know there are exactly 36 days to spring break 2013. I know that might not be a contradiction for someone who claims he loves teaching! I truly am blessed with the best job in the world! I have the greatest students and a school that truly cares about kids. But even through that love of education, I can't wait to feel the warmth and the sunshine of Florida. We have made this annual trip for 11 years. We have shared most of them with our daughters and their families. They are some of the greatest memories of my life!

Back to reality, "I need to stop counting the days and I need to make the days count!" That is true at GHS and in my spiritual life also. I long to be sitting at the feet of Jesus in paradise, but I have to stay focused while I'm still here on Earth. Thee are so many people who need to hear the gospel. I can't just curl up into a cocoon waiting on Jesus return.  I need to share so God can save even just one more! I need to go our into all the world. I need to take advantage of every waking moment to be an ambassador for Christ. That's why CMA is o important in my life. When I'm working with that ministry, I feel I am making a difference. God usese me.

Praise a god for his love, grace, and purpose. Praise him for every day. May we never rest until all the world knows Jesus is Lord!

No comments: