Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why am I blessed?

O Sovereign Lord, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant. (2 Samuel 7:28 NIV84)

I don't say it enough, I'm a blessed man. We had a member of our local chapter of the Christian Motorcyclist Association, pass away a week ago. "Popcorn Kelly" was a great servant. One of his many ministries was traveling to motorcycle events, setting up his popcorn popper and giving away free popcorn. The popcorn bag had the message of salvation, but more importantly, "Popcorn" shared the message with his servant heart. He always claimed to be a blessed man. He was.

God loves to lavish gifts upon his servants. I have been blessed beyond anything I deserve. The older I get the more I realize God has blessed me in ways I could never have asked for. Sure, I've gone through things I wouldn't have asked, but the ultimate result was being blessed beyond measure. Why would God do this for someone like me? I have asked this question more than once. I am nothing special and yet I am blessed. We're not asked to be the "Superman" of Faith to be blessed we are just called to serve him.

Thank you Lord for your amazing grace and love. Thank you for blessings I don't deserve. Amen!

No comments: