Friday, August 10, 2012

Brace yourself: School is near!

He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:29-31 NIV84)

Brace yourself, school is near. Moms are getting ready for round the clock taxi service. Dads wallet will be depleted for books, clothes, and supplies. Nobody is going to get the rest they need.

School will be starting for many young people within the next couple weeks. After being able to sleep in for the past 2 months, they will have to get up every morning and scoot off to school, extracurricular activities, late night studying, and sleep depravation. They will be weary.

When I get tired, I have a tendency to do dumb things. So, I need my rest. I need to get away and renew my strength. Besides heading to bed early, I take time away from SCHOOL WORK by studying my Bible, Praying, and spending time with God. Parents, students, teachers, administrators, and coaches, ALL need to get away from the  busyness of the school year. Everybody needs to take that advice. When you spend time with Jesus you get a new perspective, you get a renewed strength. When I am open to the prompting of the Holy Spirit, I have a tendency to make better decisions and live a better life. When I get so busy I don't have time to spend with Jesus, I get tired, grumpy, and am not a good person to be around. So, here are two pieces of advice:

Get Rest and Get with Jesus!

No comments: