Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stength

I love you, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psalm 18:1, 2 NIV84)

I was watching a high school preseason football game where the starting quarterback was a senior, who looked really strong. He played well. When they put in the young backup quarterback, he played pretty well also. The difference was his strength. This young kid is talented and athletic, but he wasn't as strong as the more experienced starter. He needs to hit the weights in order to develop his skills at quarterback.

In my early life as a follower of Christ, I was weak. I loved the Lord, but I just didn't have the strength of more experienced Christians. I'm much stronger now. That strength has come from the Lord. He has INTENTIONALLY, brought me through some pretty tough times in my life. He has put me through an intense training program. I've had to come back from injury and loss. But, I am stronger beccause of it. Now, I'm not afraid to face a tough opponent. I'm not afraid of failure. I'm focused, like never before, on Christ and his service. I'm not where I want to be and I have to keep working hard, just like that senior qb. I can't become complacent, I need to work just as hard or harder than the young Christian to keep that strength.

Praise God he has coached me through 52 years of life. Lord, keep pushing me to grow in wisdom and strength.

No comments: