Sunday, August 19, 2012

My Team!

I am pretty passionate about the New York Yankees, Miami Dolphins, IU, and the Garrett Railroaders! This past Friday night I was cheering for my Grandson playing for his high school team. This is the second year for cheering for his team. It's different when you are cheering for an individual that you know and love. It's way beyond cheering for some professional or college team. I want my grand kids to have great experiences. I know they won't win every game or race. I know they're going to have bad days and experience heartfelt losses. I want to be there for them and congratulate them when they are up and support them when they're down.

What kind of life would this be if we treated our friends and coworkers like they were on our favorite sports team? What if we just wanted to share their successes and losses as a HUGE  supporter? As a Christian we need to be the best FAN of our coworkers, friends, and families. We don't have to coach them, we don't have to give grand advice, or judge them. We just need to be there and cheer for them. We need to be there and available for them whenever they need us. We need to love them regardless what comes!

God does that. He is there cheering for us and he IS our biggest fan.


What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:31 NIV84)

No comments: