Sunday, January 22, 2012

What are your weaknesses?


2 Corinthians 11
 30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness. 31 The God and Father of the Lord Jesus, who is to be praised forever, knows that I am not lying. 32 In Damascus the governor under King Aretas had the city of the Damascenes guarded in order to arrest me. 33 But I was lowered in a basket from a window in the wall and slipped through his hands.


I am an emotional guy, not like a crying emotional guy. (although I can get choked up at a powerful movie!) I don't always keep my emotions "in check". I get angry pretty easy and have had problems with a temper in my past. I have gotten better but it is still a weakness. I am, in many ways, a perfectionist and I'm not always open to other peoples opinions. I don't tolerate vicious, vindictive, hateful people.

Through all my weaknesses, God has been able to use EVEN me. He has guided me through my weakness to become a better person. I am not the person I want to be, but I am more today than I was yesterday. It is not through my own power, it's through my weaknesses that God has spoken to me. I trust him and love his grace.

I know there are people out there like me. They know there weaknesses. They know they need to get better, treat people better, become more loving and caring. The only real way to do that is through Jesus Christ. Please forgive my weaknesses, I am a sinner who is relying on the grace of Christ to become a better man.

No comments: