Sunday, January 22, 2012

From one Family to another!


2 Timothy 1


 3 I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers. 4 Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy. 5 I am reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also.

Who can you thank for your faith? It's easy for me. My Grandparents on both sides, Grandma Rhoades and Grandma/Grandpa Lewis, were so key in developing my faith as it is today. That was carried on by my mom and dad. Now I am so proud that my daughters carry on the faith and they have passed it down to their kids. I know and am apart of 4 generations of Faith in Jesus Christ. I'm sure their are more generations before that to lead to my faith. 

I am sadly aware that the transfer of faith from generation to generation in families is dieing. Some families can't remember a time when Christ was central to their daily lives. That is so very sad. We must make sure the Love of Jesus Christ is transmitted to all who come after us. The tradition of faith is so important. I know how the Holy Spirit guided my grandfather in his ministry. I know how my own father traveled from the business world to being a full-time Ordained Pastor. I know the struggles of those before me and how they overcame with the saving grace of God. Finances, illness, and family strife have been faced by my ancestors. I have faced many of those same challenges. I know God has been faithful in all those situations. He will remain faithful to me, the next generation, and the generation after that.

I praise God for his work, not just in my life, but the life of those who have come before me and those who come after me. Praise God for his guiding hand!

No comments: