Sunday, January 29, 2012

Closet Christians!


Galatians 1

 10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.


It's great that Facebook has a "Like" button. People like to be liked, not just on Facebook. I have met people that act like they don't care what people think. Most of those people are grumpy old men who know they couldn't please anyone if they tried. So, they just don't try.

How important is it for you to be liked? Do you manipulate your faith so you can be liked? Do you avoid "Being Bold" because you think it will offend others?  I'm embarrassed to say, I've not been as bold as I should have been, because of peer pressure. It's not always cool to be an active christian. It's a lot easier to be a closet Christian. Closet Christians worship God on Sundays but not through the week. They might even read the Bible, but don't apply it. Closet Christians can't fight peer pressure when it comes to treating others poorly. They justify their sins and claim weekly forgiveness every Sunday. Yep, I could go on all day. I've been there, done that.

With the world as it is today, we need Bold Christians, not Christians afraid of their own shadow. We need Christians willing to take their Faith to the Streets not keep it in the sanctuary. We need to use our Faith to help the widows, orphans, and the lost. Now's not the time to rest.

Dear Lord, Please help me be Bold for you. Help me to take this wonderful faith I have and USE it for your purposes. Forgive me for not heeding the prompting of the spirit. Forgive me for not building relationships for the privilege of sharing your love. I'm sorry Lord, Forgive me! Amen!

No comments: