Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Ladies!


1 Timothy 2

 8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing. 9 I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes, 10 but with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God.

My life is filled with women. I have 3 fantastic daughters, 4 granddaughters, and a beautiful wife. So if any man can speak about women from experience, I can. I'm not saying I'm an expert. God certainly knows I'm not (I'm not sure anyone can be!) 

I don't know too many women that don't care about what they wear. All women want to look nice. Some put a lot more value on fashion than others. One of the things I love about my "Ladies" they are ALL smart and have great common sense. This is true in everything they do, including their fashion. Like all young girls, they've had their fashion "moments". I remember one Christmas McKenzie had to have a pair of Lucky Jeans. I think they cost $90. That's crazy. Lindsae has been addicted to shoes! Kelley has also had her Fashion moments. But, as they have matured as women and mothers, they have become much more practical. I am so proud of them because they put more emphasis on what goes in their hearts than on their bodies. They have a great love for the Lord and that's what they pass on to their kids. 

There is nothing more important in a family than a Godly woman. There is nothing more important in a family than a Mom that sacrifices everything at her won expense. She doesn't have time to spend Adorning herself, or extravagance. She's too busy worrying about everyone else first! It's Mom that really sets the spiritual tone of the family. Sorry, Dads! It's the Praying wife or mother that has more of an impact on the path a family takes. The Dad might be the spiritual leader, the CEO, but it's the Mom who's the General Manager and gets things done. 

When people read these verses they always concentrate on the negatives, what women can't do. But, the women in my life have their priorities exactly the same as these verses instruct. I think if you'll look around, All Godly women do!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

It's so nice to see a man, husband, and father compliment, build up, and encourage his wife and daughters. It means more than you will ever know!