Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Church moves me!


1 Timothy 3

 14 Although I hope to come to you soon, I am writing you these instructions so that, 15 if I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God’s household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.


I know I have bragged about my church several times. I'm about to do it again! Today our Senior Pastor gave his vision of where our church is going. It isn't really his vision, it's Gods vision. The vision he shared today is not about our Senior Pastor, the Church Staff, or the members. The vision is the working of the Holy Spirit. 


I have been deeply touched and amazed at the happenings at County Line. I have seen the movement of God in this church for all 5+ years we have attended. God has drawn together a great staff at CLCG. He has drawn together members who have a real heart for service. He has drawn together members that act upon the movement of the Holy Spirit. From Worship, to missions, to community service, to saving the lost, God is in the center of every activity at our church. 


I, myself, have been personally affected by this church. Over 3 years ago, I was prompted to serve the motorcycle community through CMA. That didn't come from within me. It came from the prompting of a new church mission, presented by our Senior Pastor, prompted by the Holy Spirit. My Church has moved me to action for God. Can you say that about your Church?


I don't want to be critical of specific churches, but if your church doesn't move you to act for God, why even go?We are not meant to attend church passively, once a week, for our own blessing. We are called to serve the Lord and the call, the prompting, is delivered by the Holy Spirit through the church. Worship should take place in every action we take. If our Faith doesn't prompt us to action. If your support group,(the church), does not encourage you to serve, Find another church!


  Praise God for County Line Church of God. May we follow Gods mission. May we serve as he would have us serve, not just in 2012 but beyond! Be with us as we take your blessings and use them to serve others!

No comments: