Thursday, January 26, 2012

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day


2 Timothy 3

 1 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

These verses reminded me of a book I've read to my kids (many, many, many years ago):


Maybe you haven't read the book or forgotten what it was about. So, here it is, Enjoy!





I can certainly relate to Alexander. No, today wasn't all that bad. It wasn't great either. But, I have had some days that were Terrible, Horrible, No Good, very bad days. I have had days where I just wanted to move to Australia. I'm confident we've all been there.

Hope is just around the corner. God is with us. No matter how bad our days, he promises a brighter tomorrow. A hope that is ETERNAL. It's through Jesus that the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, very bad days.......go away for ever. Thank You Lord for the hope you provide. Thank you for this wonderful, adventurous life. Lord forgive me for giving up hope and getting bogged down with the evil in this world. Forgive me for not being focused on you and your love when things go wrong. Thank You Lord, for this very day. Thank you.  This day was a blessing to live for you!





No comments: