Friday, January 20, 2012

God doesn't spin the truth!

1 Timothy 6:20

 20 Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge,


Old people, (I don't think of myself this way, yet), hate technology. They don't like the Internet, Facebook, or twitter. Although many seniors are embracing technology, many want to go back to the "good old days" of newspapers, writing letters, and sitting on the front porch. While I can relate to the slowness and simplicity of the past, I don't want to go back. I love my connectedness. I love the open and rampant exchange of knowledge. With such open access comes responsibility. Newspapers used to be held in very high regard. Now they report from left wing or right wing bias. I used to think they were about truth. Now they "spin" the truth. The Internet and social sites are the same. You have to read from a suspicious heart. Some times the knowledge they are peddling isn't knowledge at all and it's not the truth.

As Christians we have to be careful of what we accept of knowledge. The Internet opens up vast knowledge, but it can't be trusted unequivocally. The best filter to use with twitter, Facebook, etc., is through Jesus Christ and the Bible. Connecting with God and knowing him is where we need to start and finish. Seeking God with our hearts, souls, and minds,will lead us to truth and knowledge in our lives. Seek him and know!

No comments: