Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Don't Ignore God!


Galatians 2


1 Then after fourteen years, I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. 2 I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain. 

Have you ever had a "revelation" from God? I have. Sometimes that's not easy to admit publicly. People think you're weird if you tell them "God has spoken to me" or "God has told me to do this". I can tell you it's even strange for me. Who am I that the God of the universe talks to me? If that's not strange, I don't know what is. The more time I spend with God, the more time I spend studying his word, the more he reveals to me. Sometimes it's so clear it's audible. Sometimes it's an "Aha" moment. I am convinced that God has made special revelations to most Christians. However, most of us don't respond to them. As I look back, I also have ignored God, on many occasions. Lately, God has been prompting me to change. Actually, the prompting has been growing. It's getting to the point I just can't ignore God anymore. I have gone through denial, anger, sadness, joy, and many other emotions to get to the point of peace. Oh boy! Here we go God! I trust you with all my heart, soul, and mind! I am yours!

No comments: