Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Take my Life!

Psalm 65 (New International Version, ©2011)

 1 Praise awaits[b] you, our God, in Zion;
   to you our vows will be fulfilled. 
2 You who answer prayer,
   to you all people will come. 
3 When we were overwhelmed by sins,
   you forgave
[c] our transgressions. 4 Blessed are those you choose
   and bring near to live in your courts!
We are filled with the good things of your house,
   of your holy temple.

 5 You answer us with awesome and righteous deeds,
   God our Savior,
the hope of all the ends of the earth
   and of the farthest seas, .....



I can testify to the power of prayer. I am 50 years old and have seen God intervene and answer my prayers through sickness, financial distress, jobs, protection and safety, and blessings beyond anything I could imagine. I keep a prayer list and go back through the prayers and can see, specifically, the answer to those prayers. I have facts. Take my own 100% real life as an example of what can happen when God takes over.  The more I communicate with the Father, the more I have become aware of his gracious answers. I am not a Saint, I am a sinner, just like you. I have done nothing to deserve God answering my prayers. Yet, he answers them. I have proof and my 50 years of living to verify what I am saying is true. I wasn't there when Jesus was crucified. I was not there when God inspired the writing of the Bible. Yet, my very own life and the reading of this BOOK, bring me to only one conclusion. God is God, Jesus is God's son, and the Holy Spirit leads my life in a wonderful way.

God forgave and forgives my transgressions. Even when I have been overwhelmed by the consequences of my sins, God still forgives and answers my prayer with "awesome and righteous deeds". God is my Savior. My Hope is in him to the ends of the Earth.

Do not live your life apart from God. Come to him and know that he is waiting for you to come and be with him. Don't believe me! Try it yourself and see what happens. You have nothing to lose by committing your life to him. If you don't you will lose your life. It's your choice. Eventually, we'll all have to come to him!



No comments: