Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pay Back!

Psalm 79 (New International Version, ©2011) 

10 Why should the nations say,
   “Where is their God?”
   Before our eyes, make known among the nations
   that you avenge the outpoured blood of your servants.
11 May the groans of the prisoners come before you;
   with your strong arm preserve those condemned to die.
12 Pay back into the laps of our neighbors seven times
   the contempt they have hurled at you, Lord. 

13 Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture,
   will praise you forever;
from generation to generation
   we will proclaim your praise.

Don't you wish that God would be more vocal and make his presence known? I wish Evil would get destroyed more and the righteous would be the victors more! I am sure you know someone or a group of people you wish would feel the power of God 7 times over. Why? Would it make you feel better? Would it really be productive? Is that truly the attitude God wishes of us?

As Christians we see so much evil in the world. It seems like they have all the success. It seems the righteous are always the martyrs. It seems like evil, on this Earth, wins. It really is quite arrogant. To think that we know better than God. To think that we can second guess his plan like we second guess the decisions of a coach or boss or co-worker. God knows best. He knows when to praise and when to punish.  He knows what we can deal with. He knows all.

Lord, Please forgive me for my selfishness and my arrogance. Please help me t accept your plan as the ultimate righteousness. Lord, I have seen the power of your plan and I know your Love. I have seen it in my own life. I have seen how you can take death on the cross and use it to save us. I praise you for who you are and ask forgiveness for who I am. You have already won the ultimate victory. We don't need to win another battle, because the victory is ours through you. Thank You Lord! Amen!

No comments: