Tuesday, April 26, 2011

This stuff drives me crazy!

Psalm 77 (New International Version, ©2011)

 7 “Will the Lord reject forever?
   Will he never show his favor again?
8 Has his unfailing love vanished forever?
   Has his promise failed for all time?
9 Has God forgotten to be merciful?
   Has he in anger withheld his compassion?”
 10 Then I thought, “To this I will appeal:
   the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand.
11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD;
   yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. 

12 I will consider all your works
   and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”
 13 Your ways, God, are holy.
   What god is as great as our God?
14 You are the God who performs miracles;
   you display your power among the peoples.
15 With your mighty arm you redeemed your people,
   the descendants of Jacob and Joseph.





This song has been pretty popular on the radio lately. It is me. But, this song drives me crazy. I have forgotten my coat some place at least 3 times in the past couple of weeks. I used to forget my keys a lot. I haven't done that much lately. I have been known to get picked up for 45 in a 35, on occasion. The weather has really gotten to me lately. I have spent so much time watching the Weather Channel lately, I feel like Jim Cantore is family! The life of an Athletic Director in Spring time is not good. I get frustrated pretty easy. It's amazing how easy these little things get to me. I let these little set backs, these little, trivial events, drag me down. Satan loves it so much to see me brought down by such minor things. What would I do if something major happened to me?

I think God sends even these little events to us for a reason. We have lessons that need learned all the time. God wants us to grow. Sometimes that growth has to occur with major events in our lives. Sometimes, God sends these little events to teach us also. We don't like it. If we could choose, we wouldn't choose to go through them. But, we're not God. He knows what he's doing. We need to trust him and his infinite wisdom.  It's so easy to forget what God has done for me. I have a short memory. God doesn't want to smack me with a 2x4. Sometimes I need smacked with a 2x4. But, sometimes a little more subtle "nudge" is all I need. God knows when I need smacked and he know when I need a nudge. I'm thankful he chooses to nudge me, it doesn't hurt as bad as the 2x4.

No comments: