Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Split Personality!

Psalm 76 (New International Version, ©2011)

 1 God is renowned in Judah;
   in Israel his name is great. 
2 His tent is in Salem,
   his dwelling place in Zion. 



 I had a softball and baseball game tonight. It was cold. When I have more than one event going on, I have never figured out how to be in two places at once. It seems like I'm always needed where I'm not. Does anyone know that feeling?

God is Omnipresent. Omnipresence is the quality of being everywhere at the same time. This is such a strange concept for us. It is so hard to grasp how that happens. But, God is everywhere all the time and he chose to limit or ability to "Be" to just one place. Can you imagine if we could be in more than one place at a time. I don't know about you, but my life is complicated enough without adding this quality.

It is good to know that we have a God who not only wants to be with us, he IS with us all the time. He is with you, me, and everyone else at the same time. He is ever present. We don't have to put in a request for an appointment. We don't have to wait for our turn. We don't have to stand in line to be with him. He is here right now and he will be here always.

The knowledge that God is always with us is so comforting. It should bring peace to you in a very complicated and lonely world.

Thank You Lord, for being with me. Thank You for loving and caring enough about me to stand by my side through good times and bad. Thank You for being with me now and forever. Amen!

No comments: