Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Proud Gramps!

Psalm 78 (New International Version, ©2011)


Psalm 78

maskil[a] of Asaph. 1 My people, hear my teaching;
   listen to the words of my mouth.
2 I will open my mouth with a parable;
   I will utter hidden things, things from of old—
3 things we have heard and known,
   things our ancestors have told us.
4 We will not hide them from their descendants;
   we will tell the next generation
the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD,
   his power, and the wonders he has done.
5 He decreed statutes for Jacob
   and established the law in Israel,
which he commanded our ancestors
   to teach their children, 
6 so the next generation would know them,
   even the children yet to be born,
   and they in turn would tell their children. 
7 Then they would put their trust in God
   and would not forget his deeds
   but would keep his commands. 



I am a proud "Gramps". That's what my grandkids call me. "Gramps". I am proud of my grandkids for several reasons. Klayton is a freshman and he is a very good athlete. He has come a long way academically. Lauren is developing into quite a runner and is one of the sweetest young ladies I've ever known. Hannah loves reading and probably will end up being a brilliant Vet. Ayla is also a great little girl. She is full of so much energy and has her mothers wonderful energetic personality. 


But, I am most proud that my kids, my son-in-laws AND my grandkids have a great developing relationship with Jesus.  On Easter Sunday Lauren posted this: "Happy Easter everybody! I hope you're having a good easter Thank you God for washing away our sins!" I think Lauren gets it. Klayton takes himself to church when he is with his real mom. I think Klayton gets it! Hannah and Ayla both know Jesus. I think they get it! They know that Christ needs to be the center of their lives. Their Moms and Dads have modeled it for them. None of them are perfect. They have and will stumble, just like their Gramps. But, they know God will always be with them to pick them up.


I may not be a famous person on this Earth. I may not be rich or have any of the worlds power. But, I am the most successful man around because my kids and grandkids love Jesus! I know the task is not done. My energy and my prayers are for them to continue growing in their relationship with our Lord. I will pray constantly for God to plant a hedge around them to protect them from evil. I pray he will guide them through this, often difficult, life.  They are on their way to a Heavenly Home with me. I am so blessed. I am so thankful. Praise God  "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

No comments: