Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Wimpy Witness!

Psalm 43 (New International Version, ©2011)

 1 Vindicate me, my God,
   and plead my cause
   against an unfaithful nation.
Rescue me from those who are
   deceitful and wicked. 

I hope I do not offend anyone. Sometimes, I think I just need to vent!

Do we still live in a nation of Faith? Every single thing is being done to take God out of our national vocabulary. We are so worried about offending, we take no stands on anything. We want to be a nation of caring people, but we are trying to do it by rejecting real Love, Love that is only through Christ. We want to raise kids of character, yet reject the perfect example of Christ. We haven't learned how to love the sinner and hate the sin. We as Christians condemn and judge. We Love conditionally. We are self-centered when we should be selfless. We isolate ourselves from the world instead of trying to save it. Yep, I would say we are an unfaithful nation.

Have I given up? Have I decided to stop "pleading my cause"? I am weak. I have not done a good job stating the case for God. I sit back and wait for God's judgement, instead of jumping in and trying to help as many souls as possible. My witness is "wimpy!" My strength is non-existent. Lord help me overcome my weakness. Lord help me to take a stand. Help me with strength to plead my cause against an unfaithful nation. The time is short, the time is now! 


No comments: