Thursday, March 3, 2011

Look... Up in sky...It's a Bird...It's a plane.. No....It's Superman!

Psalm 45 (New International Version, ©2011)

 1 My heart is stirred by a noble theme
   as I recite my verses for the king;
   my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer.
 2 You are the most excellent of men
   and your lips have been anointed with grace,
   since God has blessed you forever.
 3 Gird your sword on your side, you mighty one;
   clothe yourself with splendor and majesty.
4 In your majesty ride forth victoriously
   in the cause of truth, humility and justice;
   let your right hand achieve awesome deeds. 

5 Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king’s enemies;
   let the nations fall beneath your feet.
6 Your throne, O God,[c] will last for ever and ever;
   a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. 


I'm sure some of you remember the 1950's version of Superman. I loved that show. These verses from Psalm 45 give me the same feeling I got at the beginning of that show. Here is the opening:




Actually, these verses are about Jesus. Jesus is our Super Hero. He is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound! Why don't I treat him more like the Super Hero he is? Many of us have more reverence for this fictional super hero than the Creator of the universe or his Son that was sent to save us from ourselves and the evil around us. We also hold in reverence other "Famous people" of this world and completely ignore our Savior. How can you be more famous than the Son of God. Who can match the honor and Grace of our Lord and Savior!

Lord, you are awesome. I have seen so many times where you have rescued me from evil. I am an example of the grace that comes straight from your lips. I have been protected by you piercing arrows. You ARE Truth, Humility, and Justice in this world. Please forgive me for not honoring you like I should. You are worthy of all our praise. You are worthy of all our worship. We Praise You Lord! Amen!

1 comment:

Covnitkepr1 said...

Gotta admit...growing up, Superman was one of my heros. Then one day years later I met the real SUPERMAN and my life has never been the same. Praise the precious name of Jesus...my hero.


I’ve been following and enjoying your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation.