Wednesday, March 16, 2011

IT"S PURE LAZINESS!

Psalm 55 (New International Version, ©2011)

 4 My heart is in anguish within me;
   the terrors of death have fallen on me.
5 Fear and trembling have beset me;
   horror has overwhelmed me.
6 I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!
   I would fly away and be at rest. 
7 I would flee far away
   and stay in the desert;
[c] 
8 I would hurry to my place of shelter,
   far from the tempest and storm.”


God is just about to give me the wings of a dove and Fly away to be at rest! Spring Break begins in 2 days and I just can't wait. We are heading south to a place of rest. God has blessed us with the means to do this on an annual basis. We just love spending the time with the grandkids and the family. (Although all of us don't get to go this year.)  Our Day consists of getting up and having breakfast then heading straight to the beach. We then spend the rest of the morning laying around and trying to decide when to eat lunch and what to have. We then play some more or lie around on the beach. Then we talk about what we are doing for supper. Then we lay around some more, eat supper, go to bed, and start it all over the next day. IT'S PURE LAZINESS and I can't wait. 

I just love to spend time recharging the batteries and doing it with my great family. Sometimes life is so stormy and the tempest is overwhelming. Our shelter should be God. But, in our fast paced society where we rush from one event to another, we often forget to take the time to find God and enjoy his peace. Sitting along the peaceful shore of the Gulf of Mexico, I have often found the peace of God far away from the hustle and bustle of Garrett and GHS. 

Dear Lord, Thank you for providing the opportunity to get away. I know that so many people don't get the chance to do this. I know it is only by your grace. Help us to relax, enjoy each other, and enjoy your presence while we are away. I praise you for your blessings. I praise you for the gifts you provide. I praise you for the gift of your son. Amen!

No comments: