Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ancestry.God

Psalm 44 (New International Version, ©2011)  

 1 We have heard it with our ears, O God;
   our ancestors have told us
what you did in their days,
   in days long ago. 
2 With your hand you drove out the nations
   and planted our ancestors;
you crushed the peoples
   and made our ancestors flourish. 
3 It was not by their sword that they won the land,
   nor did their arm bring them victory;
it was your right hand, your arm,
   and the light of your face, for you loved them.



I wish I had time to spend researching my Ancestry. I guess it is pretty easy. I have heard of a great website called Ancestry.com . My Dad used to tease that our ancestors were the "Rhoades Raiders from Russia". I am fascinated with family history. I am curious about how I have arrived at where I am today. How did my distant relatives migrate from Europe and how did they finally end up in Indiana? I can't imagine there aren't some great adventurous stories about my ancestors. It's really kind of sad that I don't know. The verbal history of families is not handed down like it used to be.

Just as important as our family migration is the history of our Faith. i am just as curious to find out how the family of my past came to know Christ. There should be a website called Ancestry.GOD. I can look back to my Dad and Mom, their parents, and their parents, and see how God was such a key part of their lives. I am sure they would tell you their survival can be attributed specifically to the "Sword of God". Their victories were not by their own hand, but by the hand of the God of the Universe. I am so thankful for my family and the tradition of Faith they handed down to me. I am also thankful, and praise God daily, for the faith that my daughters have. It is so great to already see them handing down that same faith to their own kids. The Family tree of Faith continues.

The power of God lives on through my daughters. Praise God for that blessing!

No comments: