Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Walking with God!

Psalm 48 (New International Version, ©2011)

 12 Walk about Zion, go around her,
   count her towers, 
13 consider well her ramparts,
   view her citadels,
that you may tell of them
   to the next generation.
 14 For this God is our God for ever and ever;
   he will be our guide even to the end.

Before I start, remember I ride a Harley. I love riding, sweeping turns, s-curves, and speed! But, I also enjoy a great leisure walk. I really don't take the time to go walking very often. But, when I do it is amazing what I can see. When you are traveling by four wheels or two, you just don't have time to appreciate all that is around you. My problem is, even when I go for a walk, I walk to fast to really enjoy it. I have developed such a fast walk, Stephanie says she feels like my little Amish woman. She is always walks about two or three paces behind me.

I need to slow down. When I do finally take a nice leisure walk, it is so therapeutic. I can take-in the trees, the grass, the animals, and the smell of the air. I can actually see things, not just the blur, as I speed by on my way to some scheduled event. God loves it when we slow down. He loves it when we can spend some slow/leisure time with him. WE need to spend quiet time enjoying his presence. We can't spend all our time just "Asking for stuff", we need to just chat quietly, thoughtfully, or not speak at all. God knows our heart. He knows we need quiet. He knows we need peace. He knows that he is the only real refuge in a crazy, hurry-up world!

Thank You Lord for providing us with peace. Thank you for quiet walks. Thank you for slowing us down so we can look at all you have created and blessed us with. You are great. You are awesome. We Love you! Amen!

No comments: