Monday, November 16, 2015

Lord Help us!

“Do not pervert justice or show partiality. Do not accept a bribe, for a bribe blinds the eyes of the wise and twists the words of the innocent. Follow justice and justice alone, so that you may live and possess the land the Lord your God is giving you.”
Deuteronomy 16:19-20 NIV
http://bible.com/111/deu.16.19-20.niv

Integrity is one of my most prized traits. I do everything I can to be known as a man of impeccable character and integrity. People know I'm a Christian. I pray they can tell through my honesty, integrity, and devout sense of right. Yes, I know that sounds a bit vain. I'm not where I want to be so I strive toward the goal of pure honesty, devotion, and justice. 

I am often saddened about justice in the world today. It seems that right and wrong or "basic" human rights are perverted based on politics and the power of the few. The integrity, honesty, and belief in absolute rightness is lost in our society. It starts with our leaders. The demise of our country hangs in the balance while we search for leaders with strength in character and purpose. We need leaders unaffected by the winds of political correctness. We need leaders that have a moral center and heart for truth and justice. We need leaders willing to attack the evils of this world straight to the enemy. We need leaders devoted to the Lord Jesus Christ and the gospel of love!

Lord help us!

No comments: