Sunday, November 29, 2015

It's Monday!

“Because you did not serve the Lord your God joyfully and gladly in the time of prosperity, therefore in hunger and thirst, in nakedness and dire poverty, you will serve the enemies the Lord sends against you. He will put an iron yoke on your neck until he has destroyed you.”
Deuteronomy 28:47-48 NIV http://bible.com/111/deu.28.47-48.niv

It's Monday. It's Monday after a long holiday weekend AND it's cyber Monday. I am going to guess it might be difficult for some people to focus on their work today. I am also venturing a guess that some people will be grumpy as well. 

Not Me!

I love my weekends, my family time, and the relaxation, but I love serving my students and my community. It is not a drudge to go to school on Monday, ever! These verses made me think about my roll as a joyful servant. These verses don't let us just stop at service, the Lord wants us to serve joyfully and gladly, in all things, at all times. We need to serve out of our blessings so we might be able to bless others. Serving under duress is not really service. Our joyful service, or lack of it, has consequences. If we choose not to serve with a joyful heart, our lives will be affected. Our prosperity, our basic needs, and our physical well being will suffer. We WILL serve but we will serve in slavery instead of freedom. 

I love it that it is not good enough to just serve. We must serve with a "right" heart for it to be acceptable to our father in heaven. I praise the Lord for the opportunity to serve him In so many wonderful ways. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

No comments: