Friday, November 20, 2015

Do not Panic

“He shall say: “Hear, Israel: Today you are going into battle against your enemies. Do not be fainthearted or afraid; do not panic or be terrified by them.”
Deuteronomy 20:3 NIV -- http://bible.com/111/deu.20.3.niv

I have ISIS on my mind, as does the rest of the world. The attacks in Paris last week may be a sign of a new offensive. This "war" is being fought in a very real way. I just heard about a High School group in Dekalb county that have cancelled there trip to Paris in 2017. I'm not sure what I think about that. Regardless what some people think, we are at war and I personally wouldn't travel abroad right now. But, two years from now? I think our fears of war, our fears for confronting evil can get out of control. We can't let the enemy change our lives. That is exactly what they want.

It's not just the fear of terrorists. We fear many of the evils in this world. We need to take this verse to heart. WE can't be fainthearted. We can not change the way we live our lives because of that evil. We need to hold dear our powerful, wonderful God. My wonderful Heavenly Father is with me. He is with those that love him and call upon his name. I will NOT be afraid!

Dear Heavenly Father, I praise you for your protection. I praise you for your love. I do not fear evil because you are with me. Please Lord help our leaders be strong in the face of this terrible threat. Give them wisdom and strength to continue the fight against evil in this world. We owe it to the weak and vulnerable to protect them with all our strength. We need to be strong and not panic or live lives filled with terror. We can only do that with you! Amen!

No comments: