Sunday, November 1, 2015

No!

““But the LORD was angry with me because of you, and he would not listen to me. ‘That’s enough!’ he declared. ‘Speak of it no more. But go up to Pisgah Peak, and look over the land in every direction. Take a good look, but you may not cross the Jordan River. Instead, commission Joshua and encourage and strengthen him, for he will lead the people across the Jordan. He will give them all the land you now see before you as their possession.’”
Deuteronomy 3:26-28 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/deu.3.26-28.nlt

I love prayer. I really enjoy my time communicating with the Lord. I am very open with my Lord. He knows all my thoughts and desires. He knows MY PLANS and listens to every request, plea, and desire. Because our relationship is over forty years old, I  have learned that sometimes the answer is no and I'm ok with that. I have given God full veto power over all my plans. I have learned this approach after forty years of trying to go my own way and messing things up. I still share it all and yes it sometimes sounds like a small child's Christmas list. Yet, every prayer ends with my sincerest desire for Gods will to be done in every part of my life. Moses kept trying to get God to change his mind, but he didn't. It was a  constant request. God listened but still the answer was no. We often don't know the why's but that's ok. I trust my loving Heavenly Father. I don't always need to understand and I don't have to always get my way. God is in charge!

Dear Lord, I am thankful for your direction. I praise you for your perfect wisdom and how it rescues me from myself. I am thankful you have given all of us the open door to a relationship with you. I thank you for the love you have for me, a sinner, saved only by your grace. Please help me to see your path and to do all things for your glory along that path! Amen!


No comments: