Thursday, November 5, 2015

Be careful

““But that is the time to be careful! Beware that in your plenty you do not forget the LORD your God and disobey his commands, regulations, and decrees that I am giving you today. For when you have become full and prosperous and have built fine homes to live in, and when your flocks and herds have become very large and your silver and gold have multiplied along with everything else, be careful!”
Deuteronomy 8:11-13 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/deu.8.11-13.nlt

Thanksgiving is just around the corner and these verses fit the season. We have plenty of stuff. My home is filled with abundance and our nation is in the exact same position. We are prosperous. You could say we are filthy rich. But when it comes down to it, we don't have it all. Many people miss the entire point of life. We focus so much on our jobs and our stuff that we forget the Lord. We disobey his commands and ignore his plan for our life just to acquire things. I am not exempt from this sinful thinking. Most of us have at least some of those thoughts, yes, even Christians. It's sad but true. We need to be careful that we don't get sucked into the drive for more things, wealth, possessions, and prosperity. I need to drive toward knowing you and your plan for me.

Dear Lord, forgive me for my selfishness. Forgive me for focusing on the wrongs things of life and not focusing on you and your plan. I truly love you lord. I want you to do,I ate my life. I want you to fill me with your spirit. Amen!


No comments: