Wednesday, November 4, 2015

What's up?

“That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.””
1 Corinthians 2:9 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/1co.2.9.nlt

I can't tell you what will happen today. 

I can tell you what's happening right now. I can tell you what's happened so far today. But, I can't even tell you what's going to happen in the next five minutes.

 I like it that way. 

I am a creature of habit and I love my routine. I  get up, test my blood sugar, give my shot, take my medicine, shave, brush my teeth, get dressed, watch the news, eat breakfast, drink my coffee, complete my morning devotions, read the newspaper, and then leave for school! It happens every single weekday just like the rising Of the sun. But I really love the mystery and excitement of not knowing the what will happen from one moment to the next. There is no guarantee I will get to fulfill any of the tasks in my monotonous routine. My life is a never ending, mysterious adventure!

I love the mystery of what my savior has planned for me today, tomorrow and the rest of my life. I trust him dearly. I don't need to know the future because I know whatever he has on my schedule is for my good and his glory. The mystery of every waking moment brings a thrill to my life. I anticipate every moment with sheer joy. It comes from 55 years experience and 40 + years of life with Jesus Christ. Because of Christ, I no longer fear the unknown. Because of Christ, I no longer dread the challenges I'll face. Because of Christ  I know I have the power to overcome all challenges, defeat the evil in my life, and live in eternity. It doesn't get any better than that. 

No comments: