Sunday, November 8, 2015

Split personality!

“I want you to be free from the concerns of this life. An unmarried man can spend his time doing the Lord’s work and thinking how to please him. But a married man has to think about his earthly responsibilities and how to please his wife. His interests are divided. In the same way, a woman who is no longer married or has never been married can be devoted to the Lord and holy in body and in spirit. But a married woman has to think about her earthly responsibilities and how to please her husband.”
1 Corinthians 7:32-34 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/1co.7.32-34.nlt

I love these verses. For someone who spends a lot of time in ministry, I need to be reminded it is not my whole life. As I mentioned a week ago, I have a very busy life. Between school, after school work at home, taking care of a home, sending time with my wife, being a dad and "gramps" along with my CMA ministry, my life is packed. It can easily get out of balance. All of those things have a value and I honestly believe my work time is also ministry time. The one area that gets neglected the most is family. I need to constantly remember ministry is not an excuse to neglect your family. Work is not an excuse to neglect your family. We need to split ourselves and serve Jesus at all times, with family, work,or at play.

Dear Lord, I love you dearly. The things of this world and my OWN plans for serving you get in the way of real service for you. Please help me keep my life in balance. Even though I serve you wherever I go, I can't forget my family. They need to know your love through me. They need to see my example and dedication to family. I can only stay on your path of I follow you closely. Guide my hands and my feet with your love, grace, and mercy. Amen!


No comments: