Wednesday, November 4, 2015

I'm too busy!

““Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you. You have six days each week for your ordinary work,”
Deuteronomy 5:12-13 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/deu.5.12-13.nlt

I do not know a single person who is not busy. We all complain about not having enough time in the day to get everything done. I am no different. My schedule this week has been jam packed with meetings, meetings, and meetings, grading, grading, grading, and then my regular daily duties. When we get together we try to out do each other describing our overloaded schedule. Many of us treat our busyness as an honor. Well, let me tell you....... It's not!

Eventually we have to say no, and mean it! 

God designed the week. He alone is responsible for the length of the day, the week, the month, and the years! It's kind of like spending money. If we make more money, we spend it. If we get more time, we waste it. Instead of asking for more time we need to say no AND we need to respectfully hold ourselves accountable to getting rest. We literally need a break. Sunday is a great day to engage in rest. If you trust the Lord, he will guide you to complete HIS agenda. If the task is not in Gods plan,  it's just not worth doing an God does not plan for our lives to be so busy we can't take time for him.

I need to constantly remember what my goal is. I need to hold myself to a higher standard. I need to get rest, set priorities, continue to focus on the Lord's plan and disregard the rest. The Lord is our priority. Nothing else matters.

Dear Lord, I love you and honor your wondeful name. You have given me such a wonderful life. I ask your forgiveness for filling it full of frivolous busyness. Help me take time to rest. Help me to remember what my life is really about. I praise you for always being there with me even though I don't take time for you like I should. Help me to be organized and to use my time to your glory and not mine! Amen!


No comments: