Tuesday, June 16, 2015

You're not that important.

Dear brothers and sisters, if another believer is overcome by some sin, you who are godly should gently and humbly help that person back onto the right path. And be careful not to fall into the same temptation yourself. Share each other’s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ. If you think you are too important to help someone, you are only fooling yourself. You are not that important. (Galatians 6:1-3 NLT)

I love helping kids. I love serving others. It makes me feel good. I serve others because I know I'm not that important. 

Since the social revolution of the 1960's we have been so worried about the self-esteem of our kids. We give out a lot of trophies and awards at school. We try to protect our kids from failure. We want everyone to feel good about themselves. It's made us nothing but weak and lazy. Part of that weakness and laziness leads to lower rates of volunteerism, and an increase in entitlement. When our society can take their eyes off themselves, even for a moment, and realize they are not all that important, then and only then can we know the heart of Christ. 

We need to share in each other's lives. We need to serve others, share their burdens, and commit to making each other's lives better. Part of making lives better is to GENTLY, help believers who stumble, get back to Jesus. We can do this with love. We can do it with compassion and we can do it without judgment. 

Stop worrying about your own selfish needs and wants and focus on others. Life is not about you. Life is about serving others and loving them through the stresses of life. We need to be selfless not selfish!

Dear Lord, I love you. Thank you for helping guide my life. Thank you for providing opportunities to serve. Pleas Lord, continue to show me the way. Help me to share your compassion, your gentle guiding hand, and your grace with others that need it. I love you and praise you for my wonderful life! AMEN!

No comments: